the bigger the hair, the closer to god.
now, everybody and their brother knows about big texas hair… and pageant hair… and the southern lady love affair with hair spray (click here and any other bold white key words in this post to read about them from girl out of dixie who is much more insightful than i could ever be.) but anyway, we all know that i can’t help but love it too. i never said anything different.
god knows this child loved a good sponge roller.
and sometime after the burgundy hair phase, the older high school cori loved a good perm.
just like any other southern young lady.
shut up. it was cute.
but the adult(-ish) cori obviously prefers burning her finger tips and destroying her hair follicles with curling irons. but look.
yes, her hair looked really messy and cute after just blow drying. ugh.
also, i dig the kinks in the background obviously.
so here are a few things:
- protecting your hair before using anything heated to style it is best. i just bought this tresemme heat tamer, and so far i love it.
- my hair is kind of long, so i like to vary using a 1 inch barrel curling iron and a 1 1/2 inch barrel, and i wouldn’t go too much smaller than 1 inch… because its not 1987.
- tighter curls at the undersides of your hair stay better for longer.
- curl your hair away from your face… curling towards your face makes you look like a soccer mom from a capri sun commercial.
- don’t use your hairspray until you are all finished so that you don’t fry your hair. nobody likes the finger in the electrical outlet look.
- to finish up, i like to add a little extra shine. and i love biosilk silk therapy. just be careful not to add too much to your hair, it will weigh your curls down and they will lose their shape faster. and especially don’t add it close to your scalp, it will end up making your hair look and feel really greasy. ew.
have fun, y’all.